Monday, March 14, 2011

Bring Out The Living

The rain was falling hard. I could hear each drop hit the roof above me, and then, that drop ricocheting off of the roof and hitting the roof again. They could have been pellets from a gun, but the rain created no fools. When it came down you knew. I got up from my pleasant spot to look through the basement window. It was a difficult angle, but amidst the rain there was an orange-red sky. Quite beautiful.
If an orange-red sky could make a sound, it would be the sound of rain falling. Thick globules of moisture sent from Jesus to give life to the dead He created. There is a purity in creation that only He knows about. It destroys my ability to think, really. I appreciate all of it. The sound is an orchestra that no brass instrument could create. I stood in my basement, peering up through the shades of the window.
If one outside could see me, they would see the face of a curious child. A twenty eight year old child. I could imagine that if a person saw the expression on my face it would turn them into a curious child as well, and cause them to knock on my door. Or perhaps my door would be open and the stranger might walk in. They would shake the wet from their hair and clothing, like a dog. Perhaps it would be a dog, in fact.
Indeed. A dog. Man's best friend joining me to enjoy the creation of God's beauty. The rain. The sky. Visions and audios both illuminating the scene.
"Well boy. We sure got it made, don't we?"
The dog would probably just stay silent, knowing the goodness of what we were witnessing.

Rain, rain, stay right here. Never go away. Anyone who says otherwise is an asshole.

I shook my head. I was still alone. The way it has been for a while. At least up until I realized where I was. In the middle of a bar, with people. I was never in the basement at all. I was on the second floor of The Mosquito. It was a free cover night, and I am almost positive someone spiked my drink. What else would cause this hallucination? I jetted up immediately, leaving my drink where it was, and ran outside.

It was dark. Buildings all around. Quiet. Nothing.

This had to be the dream. This couldn't be real. It couldn't be my reality. So I ran back inside the Mosquito, and caught a scantily dressed woman picking up my beverage.

"Hey now. You could ask me to buy you a drink." I say as I approach the woman. Probably a whore.

"Woof", she says.

Woof.
What the hell is going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment