Saturday, December 12, 2009

I don't know where sleep is needed in the course of the day. Perhaps your body needs it, but that could be a whole other story all together. On the weekend, where most people I know look forward to the idea of sleeping in, I wake up early. Sometimes I wake up even earlier than I do when I have to go to work in the morning. The idea of taking advantage of the whole day is very important to me. Opening your eyes at 7:30am and then closing them at 3:30am is a perfect example of this. I have no agenda. There is very little I actually need to do on any given Saturday or Sunday. Yet for my own personal comfort the desire to be awake is a necessary evil. I make some coffee, I lay down on couch (or sit in a chair), and simply ease into my day.

I have a partner upstairs who thrives on getting as much sleep as she needs. That's fine too. As long as you're getting what you want and what you need, you might as well do what feels right.

Could it all be about saving time? Adding a few extra days onto your life? I don't know. If I were to consider this, I would have to lean towards saying 'no'. I am not too concerned with living a long life. At least not a long life in terms of adding up the two extra hours I am awake on the weekends up, and seeing that I was awake for one full year longer than most other folks. Taking into consideration the fact that I do very little with those extra hours that I am indeed awake for would make it quite depressing about the fact that for the year I was up I did nothing with.


Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment